[CentOS] openldap missing modules

Thu Oct 27 15:28:37 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

Ubuntu has been using 'dynamic' configuration (aka cn=config and /etc/ldap/slapd.d) for quite some time now but you're using CentOS 5.x which includes an old version of OpenLDAP and uses the 'flat file' configuration (/etc/openldap/slapd.conf)

There's bound to be issues at each place where it talks about 'configuration'.

My suggestion to you is to use some type of virtualization product (VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.) and install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a virtual and then you will track with the book.

Craig