[CentOS] was, Re: This doesn't make sense, is the apache update

Fri Sep 23 20:24:20 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Sep 23, 2011, at 12:21 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> The one thing I don't understand is this: AFAIK, apache release not a
> server update, but an update to the certificate chain, yanking Digitar's
> CA. This isn't a binary compatibility issue, it's, as we said when I was
> programming, just data. Can't that be pushed through, or are there code
> updates in addition?
----
the Apache update has nothing whatsoever to do with issues presented by the (now defunct) DigiNotar Certificate Authority.

That would be handled by updates to browser applications and/or OS Root Certificate store (ca-certificates) which is significant if you have users on the system but again, this all has nothing to do with security updates released for apache (httpd)

Craig