[CentOS] Unable to run yum update

david david at daku.org
Thu Sep 1 15:47:57 UTC 2011

Robert:

Good eyes, but the error is in MY description.  The machine is a
64-bit machine.  I was misled by some other issues I had with a
near-by 32-bit machine.

So, I'm back to trying to figure this out, and trying to understand
why it happened on one of my 64-bit systems and not others, where
I've configured them pretty much the same.

David