[CentOS] Centos 6, KDE 4: canot manage network

Michael D. Berger

m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 16:25:48 UTC 2011

In KDE 4, I click:

Kickoff > System Settings > Network & Connectivity >
   Network Settings > Network Settings

I get a popup informing me that my system is not supported.
(This did not happen before.) I am offered choices.
I choose RedHat 6.0 (Is this wrong? I also tried
RedHat 9.0.).

I select Network Interfaces.  I see nothing on the list
*** even though I am presently running eth0 and can
successfully ping google.com through it.***.

Now I set that interface using a GUI just a few days ago.
I will say, the GUI looks different.

So what's happening?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.