[CentOS] CentOS 6 Partitioning Help

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Thu Sep 1 17:44:14 UTC 2011

On 9/1/2011 1:19 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Simon Matter<simon.matter at invoca.ch>  wrote:
> from
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s2-diskpartrecommend-x86.html
> Do not place /usr on a separate partition If /usr is on a separate
> partition from /, the boot process becomes much more complex, and in
> some situations (like installations on iSCSI drives), might not work
> at all.

Thanks for this Tom. I was operating in old_schema mode and now I see I
need to do a couple of re-installs as I did create /usr partitions. I do
wonder why upstream left /usr as a suggestion in the partitioning
program used inside of Anaconda?

I do believe that 6.0 has more core changes than any release I remember
to date.

Good to find this out 'before' I got lots of stuff on that system!! ;) I
can easily just copy my configs and start over.... way easier now than
on a in service system!

John Hinton