[CentOS] big problem at boot

Lisandro Grullon lgrullon at citytech.cuny.edu
Sun Sep 4 15:13:59 UTC 2011

I hope you have good backups, print the partition table and reload the OS in the box...check the logs maybe someone hack your box and changed things around. Alternatevely, you can always try installing X window system from init 3, try doing a yum grouremove "X Window System" "Desktop" -y && yum groupinstall "X Window System" "Desktop" -y

Let us know how it goes.