[CentOS] scim-bridge?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 22:37:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:31:48PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Yeah, from the last stuff I've found, looks like it's for her to read
> Chinese. I've seen some suggestions, and if they don't work (xim?), I'll
> talk to her about what we can do.

Scim is being replaced by ibus.  It should be available on CentOS-6,
though I don't think I ever got it to build on CentOS 5.

Yes, it's frequently used for Eastern languages--I use it to input
Japanese.  It isn't necessary to read Chinese, for that, all she would
need would be fonts.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: I have witnessed a millennium of treachery and oppression
from the males of the species, and I have nothing but contempt
for the whole libidinous lot of them.
Xander: Then why are you talking to me?
Anya: I don't have a date for the prom.
Xander: Well, gosh, I wonder why not? It couldn't possibly have
anything to do with your sales pitch.
Anya: Men are evil. Will you go with me?