[CentOS] Networking question

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:28:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM,  <tdukes at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> It is what the call the speed of light package. Not the slowest and not the fastest. Its just their crappy service, customer service, etc.
>
> I watched a football (not soccer) on my iPhone and the same game over cable on my PC on ESPN3. The 3G was perfect (except) for the same screen. :-) Watching on the PC was like looking through your car windshield in pouring down rain without windshield wipers.

Not sure you are comparing Apples to apples here.  Can you make the
display window the same size on the PC as the phone?  Or run the phone
on wifi?  It is unfortunate that cable companies tend to have regional
monopolies, but they are still likely the best price for bandwidth
you'll find so you are probably better off complaining until they fix
it.   You might check out the sprint/clear wimax service if it is
available in your area.   I can get it on my phone but it rarely works
inside a building in my area.  I've heard of people using it as a
cablemodem replacement but it is very sensitive to the location of the
receiver.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com