[CentOS] disk duplication question

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Sep 9 12:22:25 UTC 2011

  I have need to duplicate centos 6 on 133 computers.
I purchased a disk duplicator make my master and the duplicator does 11
at a time.

All is good so far...

When I take a duplicated disk and stick it in the "new" box which is
different than the
master machine of course all seems to work except the network.

So of course the MAC address for the NIC doesn't match so the network
doesn't work.

My solution was to edit ifcfg-eth0 and remove the HDADDR line
and edit udev/70-persistant-net.rules  and remove the MAC address from
the network
SUBSYSTEM line.

The network does come back on and everything seems fine.

Is this the correct way to do this?
Making a master and being able to stick the duplicated disk in another
machine?

Thanks,

Jerry