[CentOS] Issues with successfully completing rsync with msync. centos.org

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 14:29:45 UTC 2011

From: Christopher Hawker <cwhawker1 at gmail.com>
>I have been using this one:
>rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS /path/to/local/mirror/root
>If I can, I want to mirror: mirror.optus.net/centos
>as it is nearer my mirror server and the internet connection for the server is through Optus (in Sydney, AU).

A few notes:
the -z should not do much since most files are compressed...
You could save some bandwidth by using -P or --partial in case of an interruption.
And maybe -l to keep symlinks.
Replace -q with -v to see what is going on.
Use -n to test more quickly.
mirror.optus.net does not seem to offer rsync...

JD