[CentOS] Upgrade from 5.6 => 5.7

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 15:06:21 UTC 2011

In article <1316097747.32765.118.camel at m6.u226.com>,
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 14:30 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > More to the point would be: "Judging something *solely* on its
> > simplicity is an overly simplistic approach." -- Kiel Hodges. This
> > appears to me to be the trap that Paul Always Learning has fallen
> > into.
>
> Judge my systems on their:-
>
> 	1. functionality (i.e. doing what is required)
> 	2. speed
> 	3. ease of use
> 	4. ease of maintenance

I can't do that, since I know nothing about them. All I can judge are
the comments you make here, such as your apparently simplistic view of
SQL and relational databases. For example, joins and views are
efficient and powerful if used correctly with a properly-designed
database, and relieve the application code of a lot of complexity,
reinvented wheels and scope for errors.  Describing such constructs as
merely a complex overhead betrays a lack of understanding and a
reluctance to continue "always learning".

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield