[CentOS] This doesn't make sense

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 11:25:51 UTC 2011

I get the 'Welcome' screen, I make the selection to install or upgrade, get
to 'Loading vmlinuz..', then it hangs.

Maybe the DVDs are bad. Can a 32 bit machine create a 64 bit install disc?

> Also, some manufacturers have been known to turn off 64 bit (
> lm ) support in BIOS when the device is sold with a 32bit
> Windows. Make sure that its not the case.

I looked through the BIOS but didn't see anything about 64 bit

> Finally, you mentioned 5.7 but didnt say what your test
> results there were. Does the 5.7/x86_64 installer boot for
> you ? if not, how far does it get ? is that about the same
> point as the 6.0 installer ?

I'm running 5.7 32 bit on 32 bit machines.

Thanks,

Eddie