[CentOS] centos product specification

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Sat Sep 17 12:31:34 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 00:47 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011, Always Learning wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the Centos web site should be simple, practical, helpful in
> > preference to emulating the very latest presentation gimmicks ? A larger
> > font size will be useful for most people over 40 years of age.
>
> yeah -- fiddling with websites is a major priority, compared
> to, say, issuing a update that, frankly, was flawless on
> several hundred machines I've run the 5.7 bump on.  While I
> wish QA could happen faster, some interesting and picky corner
> cases were spotted and never bit the millions of machines
> outside of QA test units

That is why I wrote:-

	"The Centos web site needs updating. Perhaps willing
	 volunteers can assist ?"

	"Another method is to give the volunteers a demo sub-domain,
	 for example: new.centos.org, and let the volunteers
	 construct an updated version there. When it is approved
	 by the Centos Management Board, those refreshed web pages
	 can be moved to www.centos.org. "

The same bunch of dedicated operating system providers can not
reasonable be expected to do every task connected with Centos. That is
perfectly obvious. Hence the suggestion about appealing for fresh
volunteers to revise the web site.

Paul.

--
With best regards,