[CentOS] 6.1 Update request

Timo Neuvonen timo-news at tee-en.net
Sun Sep 18 12:27:27 UTC 2011

>> Just ordered a Lenovo TS130. I think there are some issues with the Intel
>> graphics with 6.0 and I saw where they are resolved in 6.1. Hopefully 6.1
>> can be released soon. If not, I can install Scientific Linux temporarily.
>>
>> Fingers crossed!!
>
> Or, just grab the intel xorg driver rpm from SL, and libdrm, and one other
> package, the nouveau rpm.  It doesn't make sense to go all the way over to
> SL
> if you plan on coming straight back.

I simply installed CentOS 6.0, downloaded kernel from SL6.1 repo, and
installed it. Basically this is what was needed to make Intel graphics work,
I think there were 1-2 other rpms I needed to upgrade too to fix
dependencies, but this was easy to notice during the kernel install.

This way the system automatically will roll back to pure CentOS when newer
CentOS 6.1 rpms will be available.

--
TiN