[CentOS] This doesn't make sense

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Mon Sep 19 23:12:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 18:41 -0400, Ross Walker wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2011, at 7:49 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
> > At some point, security updates for 6.1 will be released and then it
> > becomes a matter of deciding to install it based on the evidence that
> > security updates have been non-existent all this time.
>
> I'm sorry I don't follow you here?
>
> I'm fairly certain that 6.1 will include both 6.1 security/bug updates AND security/bug updates that have been released up to the beginning of the 6.1 release cycle, minus several that where released during the C6.1 release cycle. Security updates and bug fixes are intermingled without being able to distinguish one from the other outside of the RPM history.
>
> It's not the security updates that prevent me from moving to 6.0 right now, but those pesky .0 blues.
----
those pesky .0 blues as you call them were clearly there - see other
threads about video issues, etc.

I guess the point I was trying to make without being excessively blunt
is that the track record of timely releases for CentOS 6.x (any release)
and the track record of timely security updates (none) should really
cause any one to pause before installing any version of CentOS 6 - even
if 6.1 and all of the current security updates were released tomorrow.

Craig