[CentOS] PDF Reader/Editor for CentOS 5.7 (32 bit)?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Sep 20 14:04:41 UTC 2011

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> I had, in the past, a .pdf reader that also permitted me to fill in
> some information, when I received a .pdf file.
>
> I have KPDF installed, but that seems to only have Reader capability.
>
> Trying to install xpdf, with yum, I get this dependency error from rpmforge:
> 1:xpdf-3.02-8.el5.rf.i386 from rpmforge has depsolving problems
>    -->  Missing Dependency: libXm.so.4 is needed by package
> 1:xpdf-3.02-8.el5.rf.i386 (rpmforge)
> Error: Missing Dependency: libXm.so.4 is needed by package 1:xpdf-3.02-8.el5.rf.
>
> Then, if I try to yum install libXm.so.4 I get this error:
> No package libXm.so.4 available.

libXm.so.4 is provided by package openmotif, which is present in C5 for
x86_64. Can't see it in the i386 repo. Looks like something is broken
for 5.7/base i386?
The i386 version of the package is present in the x86_64 repo though...
So you can get it from there.
You can even get a newer version than the one included in 5.7/base, by
going to 5.6/updates in the vault. I guess this one will end up in
5.6/updates at some point.

For your purpose though, I'm not sure xpdf can edit pdfs. When I have to
do that I use AdobeReader from the adobe site.