[CentOS] This doesn't make sense

Thu Sep 22 12:28:09 UTC 2011

On 09/21/2011 06:00 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Christopher Chan
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>>>
>>> No LTS? - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS
>>> ----
>>
>> For Ubuntu's definition of 'support'. It is in no way comparable to what
>> you can get in previous Centos releases. It is 'comparable' to CEntos 6
>> - none
>
> Errr, what?  Apt-get is still happily getting updates, and without any
> fiddling around with temporary changes to recommended-but-not-default
> repositories.

Feel free to not use CentOS if it does not meet your needs.

No matter what we try to do ... some kind of rolling updates for people
who do not want to wait ... or whatever the next thing is ... well you
do not seem to be happy.

If you aren't happy, well then we would recommend "something else" that
does make you happy.

Happy is important ... don't go through life unhappy because of an OS.

If Ubuntu makes you happy ... use Ubuntu.  If Debian makes you happy use
that.  Or Scientific Linux, or Open SUSE, or Fedora.

We just want you to be happy Les.