[CentOS] PostgreSQL database design tool

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Sep 23 12:54:46 UTC 2011

Been thinking about playing with PostgreSQL. When I did my research, on
the PostgreSQL site, there were a few tools they "recommended" for
design, display of schemas, etc.

Open System Architect seemed to fit my demands, but unfortunately, the
installation documents do not exist, at least the links go in a circle
to nowhere. There's a binary which I assume can be executed, but at
least one of the libraries are versioned wrong, and I don't want to play
with symlinks just to make this work.

Has anyone installed a tool for PostgreSQL that will display logical and
physical data maps of a database such as what OSA is supposed to do? Can
someone recommend something they feel is worthwhile, regardless of it's
purpose, when running PostgreSQL? I'm running 64 bit Centos 5.7 and
PostgreSQL 8.1.

Thanks for any opinions.

steve campbell