[CentOS] data recovery

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:29:39 UTC 2011

This is a SAN drive mounted. I have checked with my storage
administrator if this has been re mapped or any similar events and he
verified that nothing has happened...(I trust him)

Here is one thing I have found.

I dd the 1st 134MB partition to an image. and opened it with the hex
editor. After that I can verify that this is the same device and was
able to read the hostname, VGname etc etc.

And AFAIK it is impossible to reshape or change the disk's geomerty to
its original shape of anything without use intervention. This is
really a mystery.

Thanks
Paras.