[CentOS] data recovery

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sat Sep 24 08:48:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011, Michel Donais wrote:

> From: Michel Donais <donais at telupton.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] data recovery
>
> Two weeks ago I've been in similar situation on an 80 gig sata drive.
>
> Found it with 8 partition; boot was there but nothing of the operating
> system to load Linux 5.6
>
> My recovery solution was to put the disk on a window system as a secondary
> drive. Just connected to read data
> For reading I found a software called ' nucleus kernel linux'  from
> http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Linux-Data-Recovery-Software.html
>
> On partition 3 I found nearly all my data files and their directories but
> were missiing  /etc /bin /dev ....

There's also Parted Magic on the Ultimate Boot CD which is a
Live Linux recovery distribution:

New features in UBCD V5.x include:

* New! The Linux-based distro Parted Magic is now
included with UBCD V5.0. This should be the method of choice
when you need to resize/rescue partitions, access NTFS
filesystems or work with USB storage devices.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Obviously the choice is yours which one suits your needs the
best.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: