[CentOS] This doesn't make sense

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sat Sep 24 10:34:15 UTC 2011

On Saturday, September 24, 2011 03:13 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2011 02:35:40 PM Craig White wrote:
>> I moved to Ubuntu on my own server, some of my customers servers as has my employer.
>
> This is not a Ubuntu list.
>
> I have had my share of problems with more than one of the LTS Ubuntu distributions, more than I have had with CentOS.  Dist-upgrade has broken more things, in my experience with several versions, than I care to detail.

Ah...you're supposed to use do-release-upgrade and not 'apt dist-upgrade'

Ubuntu ain't Debian. It's something worse and requires uber hacks to get
around crap. Them uber hacks are loaded in do-release-upgrade.

Pound Ubuntu properly pal. Giving examples of unsupported processes
ain't pounding it properly.