[CentOS] Hard I/O lockup with EL6

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Mon Sep 26 22:32:50 UTC 2011

--On Monday, September 26, 2011 03:13:09 PM -0700 Benjamin Smith
<lists at benjamindsmith.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, these aren't ancient 686 systems,
> they  are 1-ish year old 8-core Intel Xeons with 32 GB of ECC RAM apiece.
> I can't  justify replacing them, especially since two of the four are
> happily  deliverying gorgeous performance!

No doubt.

My comment about replacing it was just a statement about what happened
in my case (since fighting with old hardware is not exactly a valuable use
of my time).  It wasn't a suggestion.

The post itself was not much more than "you're not the only person
seeing something wonky".  Mine is unfortunately lacking in hard data.

Devin