[CentOS] add on sata card relabeling drives, installation

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 22:45:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> But 'breakage' and 'bugginess' are not synonyms; something can be broken for a corner case but not be a bug in the general sense.  Is the current filesystem mounting standard broken?  In certain use cases most certainly.  Is the current filesystem mounting standard buggy?  For the targeted use cases probably not.

I think the first incarnation of the 'labels in fstab' that I saw
would have died a horrible death if you did a dual boot install with 2
copies of it, something that should have been planned as a normal use
case.  That might have been a fedora version though, and I'm not sure
what happens in that case now.

> After all, upstream developers and CentOS builders all operate within finite resource limits; it takes infinite resources to reach perfection.

But there are only 2 hard problems in computer science: naming things,
cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors.  (Hmmm, can't find the
right attribution for that now).

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com