[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 and 3ware 9650SE series RAID Performance

Sat Sep 3 04:14:28 UTC 2011
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

> Additionally I can confirm as I also have several lsi cards and all perform like hell in r5/6
> even with bbu.

Is that the "fast as hell" or "slow as hell" kind?

I ask because I have a couple of IBM M5015 (rebranded LSI 9260-8i)
controllers that I run in RAID-10 and as I'm somewhat on a budget for
disks (coming home with $1200 worth of 15k SAS drives will get me
shot) I'd rather run a RAID-5/6 array if the performance degradation
is minimal. And yes, mine do have the BBU. ;-)

Not that the performance of an 8x80GB SATA-300 array is much to write
home about in the first place, but for my purposes it works fine.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie