[CentOS] Centos 5.6 Implications of PGP53 ?

Sun Sep 4 00:40:43 UTC 2011
Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>

Quoting Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>:

> If one stays with Centos 5.x (currently on 5.6) is the
> problem/enhancement/incompatibility involving PHP53 likely to be
> resolved by general updates and/or the introduction of Centos 5.7 ?
>
> Paul.

Me too. I have working Drupal installs that I want to move up a
version (to 7.4) but need 5.3. I'm reluctant to do this until I have
some experience in hand about whether it will go smoothly. Yum picks
up the updates but so far I have refrained.

Anyone have experience on this?

Dave