[CentOS] Broadcom Wifi Problem

Tue Sep 6 15:10:51 UTC 2011
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----
| On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:28:03 -0700, James A. Peltier wrote:
|
| > I didn't read the whole thread but you should make sure you
| > blacklist
| > the b43, bcm43xx and ssb drivers
| >
| > vi /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-wl.conf
| >
| > blacklist b43
| > blacklist bcm43xx
| > blacklist ssb
| >
| > and also add intel_iommu=off to the kernel line in your grub
| > configuration. That works for my broadcom adapter
| >

| I don't have a file /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-wl.conf .
| I do have /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf in which I put
| what you suggest. Do you think that will do, to should
| I add a new file?
|
| Thanks,
| Mike.

create it with the contents I listed and reboot.  If running SELinux in enforcing mode you may need to run restorecon on it.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have