[CentOS] scim-bridge?

Tue Sep 6 22:00:35 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 09/06/11 2:31 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> looks like its mostly for far eastern languages.
> Yeah, from the last stuff I've found, looks like it's for her to read
> Chinese. I've seen some suggestions, and if they don't work (xim?), I'll
> talk to her about what we can do.

as an Input Method, I would think it would strictly be for
ENTERING(typing) Chinese etc.    and, it is only needed if another
package you need specifically calls for it.  xim provides a similar
functionality but not in a compatible manner.   scim-bridge requires
scim and scim-libs.  I can't tell you what other packages require scim
or scim-libs as I don't have any of those installed.