[CentOS] Centos Realtek Network driver for Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Wed Sep 7 03:20:37 UTC 2011
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 9/7/11, Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> In a hurry, due to my then budget and my stupidity bought this cards
> which just has a .c file under its linux folder in its driver floppy.

The Realtek based cards are so common, the necessary drivers should
already be installed. At least I never had to install anything extra
for my CentOS 5.x setup to just work with the RTL cards.

So there's a good chance something else is broken. Maybe you can check
dmesg and see if the card is actually detected during boot?