[CentOS] Postfix Question - CentOS 6

Fri Sep 9 05:46:21 UTC 2011
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

On 9/9/2011 1:28 AM, Steve Walsh wrote:
>    On 09/09/2011 03:10 PM, John Hinton wrote:
>> So, can somebody check to see if this is there in a CentOS 6 Postfix
>> install where Amavis is not installed? And if so, what are the default
>> permissions?
> Not present on a clean C6 install.
>
> Mind you, it's also not present after installing dovecot and amavisd-new
> (from epel), so I'm convinced it's part of a package per-se. According
> to the postfix SASL config (http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html),
> it's configured in dovecot.conf.
>
> Maybe take a look at what
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL says about it?
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve... It was the epel amavis package. Also, I'll be doing
another server like this in the next week or so and will try to see
what/when this gets created. It might not get created until some
particular service is started. I am running SSL connections and I think
that plays into it. So far, that file has 0 bytes along with a bunch of
others there.

And, good to know that at least it appears that the CentOS packages are
all fine. And now to go read the wiki! :)

John Hinton