[CentOS] CentOS 6: Making KDE Default

Fri Sep 9 12:29:23 UTC 2011
Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com>

Paul,

Its pretty nice and actually runs quite well as a Xen guest (my hardware
at home doesn't support full virtualization)...

I believe its more on par with Fedora 12 (maybe 13?).  KDE is fairly
modern (4.2 something I believe).  Unfortunately, the KDE version is a
version before the "tabbing unrelated windows" feature that was introduced
in, I believe, 4.3 (its the group window feature)...

Other than that, the GUI feels modern (I happen to run RHEL 6 as my
desktop @ work).  Obviously most libraries are fairly recent...  If KDE
was a little more modern (aka KDE 4.3+) I'd use it as my desktop OS at
home...

I have noticed that some of my spec files don't work right under 6 - I
don't have an example on hand at the moment...and haven't looked into it
closely yet...