[CentOS] persistent custom lines in /etc/hosts?

Mon Sep 12 00:15:02 UTC 2011
R - elists <lists07 at abbacomm.net>

> I've edited /etc/hosts to add few custom IP/hostnames couples.
> After each reboot, I have to add them again. I've then added
> /etc/sysconfig/network/hosts, but it seems to ignore it or at
> least ignore 127.0.0.1 assignments I'm doing in it.
>
> Is there a mechanism I'm not aware of, or doing things wrong
> to make my custom IP/hostnames assignments permanent after
> network services restart?
snip
> wwp

you didnt tell us much about your centos version etc so....

is your networking set up statically, or is it dhcp dynamic.

if the latter, then "possibly" that is part of the issue

ive always noticed that files like /etc/resolv.conf and others can change in
a generic dhcp environment

...one reason we setup almost everything statically

 - rh