[CentOS] sox: Failed reading obd-demo.mp3: Do not understand format type: mp3

Tue Sep 13 15:41:28 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

I've packaged this on Centos 5.6 if anyone wants a copy :)

[root at karsites ~]# sox --help
sox: invalid option -- -
sox: Version 12.18.1

Usage: [ gopts ] [ fopts ] ifile [ fopts ] ofile [ effect [
effopts ] ]

gopts: -e -h -p -q -S -V

fopts: -r rate -c channels -s/-u/-U/-A/-a/-i/-g/-f
-b/-w/-l/-d -v volume -x

effect: avg band bandpass bandreject chorus compand copy
dcshift deemph earwax echo echos fade filter flanger highp
highpass lowp lowpass mask mcompand noiseprof noisered pan
phaser pick pitch polyphase rate repeat resample reverb
reverse silence speed stat stretch swap synth trim vibro vol

effopts: depends on effect

Supported file formats: aiff al alsa au auto avr cdr cvs dat
vms gsm hcom la lu maud mp3 nul ossdsp prc raw sb sf sl smp
sndt sph 8svx sw txw ub ul uw voc vorbis vox wav wve

and told yum to stop updating it, by adding this:

# do not update these packages
exclude=sox

to /etc/yum.conf

You will need to use the exact download links, as dir
listing is turned off, and all you will get otherwise is an
error message, or the homepage.

This is for Centos 5.6 32 bit.

http://www.karsites.net/centos/downloads/5.6/FILENAME

Where FILENAME is one of:

sox-reinstall-notes
sox-rebuild.txt
sox-12.18.1-1.src.rpm
sox-12.18.1-1.i386.rpm
karsites-GPG-public-key-2011-03-18.asc

I've just resigned the i386.rpm with my public key. The
source rpm has the original vendors GPG key.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net