[CentOS] Error in updating to 5.7

Wed Sep 14 20:07:17 UTC 2011

Hi Alain,

On 09/14/2011 02:23 PM, Alain Péan wrote:
> I must say I wondered how the yum update will deal with the CR updates,
> and if the error was related to this, but it seems that everything is OK
> now.

unfortunately, you hit an issue that I did not think anyone would see (
but was aware of... ). The issue originates from the fact that the new
CR repo has no sqlite metadata store, its xml only. And your machine was
trying to get the sqlite files - hitting a valid 404, since those files
do not exist.

The actual issue is that rather than yum seeing a new repomd.xml in the
repodata/ dir, downloading that and knowing that there is no sqlite db
available, it retained the repomd.xml you already had ( from the prev
5.6/cr repo ). So I dont think the issue really is that you hit a 404,
but why was yum looking for a repo metadata file that does not exist,
the new repomd.xml clearly states that those files do not exist.

Do you have something interesting setup for caching, timeouts etc in yum
? or, are you perhaps behind a proxy that still served up an old ( stale
? ) repomd.xml for the same url ?

- KB