[CentOS] Yum segmentation fault updating from 5.6 to 5.7

Thu Sep 15 22:31:25 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Sebastiano Pilla wrote:

> Josh Miller wrote:

>>> Unfortunately yum recreates the same corrupted file, even if I move it
>>> out or delete it:
>>
>> Are you behind a proxy?
>
> No, there are no proxies between this box and the Internet (and all the
> other boxes where the same problem appears aren't behind proxies either).
>
> Based on what I'm seeing, I do not think that yum is downloading a
> corrupt sqlite database, rather than it is creating a corrupt database
> all by itself. I have however no definite confirmation of this and I
> would like to have one before filing a bug against yum.
----
I would agree with your assessment but perhaps you can remove/reinstall sqlite but the thing that I don't understand is you said there was no output from rpm -Va which should mean that the sqlite installed verified correctly so there's no reason to be optimistic that removing/reinstalling sqlite will have any positive impact.

Also note - you can file a bug against yum but I suspect that it will go nowhere because there are so many installations that haven't had this issue and yet you suggested that you have multiple systems exhibiting this same problem which suggests that there's something in the methodologies you employ.

Craig