[CentOS] Cons of disabling *.i386 and *.i686 in a 64bit Distribution

Fri Sep 16 10:11:38 UTC 2011
B.J. McClure <keepertoad at bellsouth.net>

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 11:01 +0100, Michael Simpson wrote:
> On 15 September 2011 19:58, James Nguyen <james at callfire.com> wrote
> > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:02 AM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> From: James Nguyen <james at callfire.com>

> On our 2 colo servers we have one with i386/i686 only and on the other
> we are x86_64 only. Everything works (typical LAMP / Sendmail etc
> install)
> I just followed the intstructions from the centos wiki
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-357346ff0bf7c14b0849c3bcce39677aaca528e9
>
> i used to regret the lack of a 64 bit native flash plugin which was
> the only reason to not move to a pure 64bit enviroment for the desktop
> but now that you-tube can serve html5 i no longer care
>
> mike

There is a 64 bit flashplayer now that seems to work fine on 5.x and
6.x.  This is an old link so not sure if it's still good.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

Sorry for the OT post.

Cheers,
B.J.