[CentOS] selinux policy remnant according to /bin/ls on CentOS 6.0 box

Tue Sep 20 18:23:16 UTC 2011
James Edwards <jedwards at bsdftw.org>

On 9/20/2011 2:14 PM, Jon Detert wrote:
>> Did you disable SELinux by changing 'SELINUX=disabled' in
>> /etc/sysconfig/selinux?  Wouldn't that be easier than removing all
> I did not do so explicitly.  But it is set to disabled as described above.
> I assume the rpm -e did that.  So, there must be some other step missing.
>
> As to that being easier: perhaps, had I known that file/setting existed.
It has been my experience that after after disabling SELinux,  all that
is then required is a reboot.  Alternatively, running 'setenforce 0',
will disable it immediately.
>> the
>> RPMs?  If I may ask, is there a reason to removing the packages?
> I do not plan to use them.
>
> Less is more, right?
I went back and reread your original question, and I realized you had
already answered that.  Anyway, you are correct, less is more.

Regards,
James