[CentOS] Installation of 6.0

Tue Sep 20 21:39:17 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 04:44:35 PM Robert Nichols wrote:
> On 09/20/2011 02:49 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > Guessing that you didn't look/watch the console on first boot but rather used ssh to connect from another station. If you haven't rebooted the system since the first boot, hook up a monitor/keyboard/mouse and see.
>
> Operation of the firstboot script depends on having a GUI installed.  It
> doesn't get executed if you installed just the base system.

Actually, this isn't correct.  On my RHEL 6.1 system, on firstboot with a non-GUI console a curses-based (or a reasonable facsimile of a curses-based) text-mode configurator came up, and allowed me to configure networking and a number of other items.  Do an install without GUI (not necessarily a minimal install, but a server install) and see what comes up on first boot.  Like I said, that's what my RHEL 6.1 box did on first boot.