[CentOS] Ekiga - camera

Wed Sep 21 19:40:29 UTC 2011
Johan Vermeulen <jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be>

  hello Mark and Keith,

I also think a have the driver,  because of what dmesg shows.

mark could be right, I had a similar issue with a firewire camera, Kino
and /dev/raw1394.

So a did this :

-bash-4.1# groupadd motion
-bash-4.1# chgrp motion video0
-bash-4.1# usermod -G motion james
-bash-4.1# id james
uid=500(james) gid=500(james) groepen=500(james),503(motion)
-bash-4.1# ls -la video0
crw-rw----+ 1 root motion 81, 0 sep 21 21:28 video0
-bash-4.1#

hope this is right.

But still same error message, even after reboot ( didn't want to but
battery went dead )

So still no video...

greetings, James