[CentOS] This doesn't make sense

Fri Sep 23 16:50:52 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/23/2011 07:50 AM, Alain Péan wrote:
> Le 22/09/2011 14:28, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
>> No matter what we try to do ... some kind of rolling updates for people
>> who do not want to wait ... or whatever the next thing is ... well you
>> do not seem to be happy.
>
> Which rolling updates ? OK for 5.x, but 5.7 has been released, so this
> repo is no more useful at this time. But where is the 6.0 CR repo ? When
> 6.0 was relaesed, last July, it was written in the announcement it will
> be available within two days. More than two months after, still nothing.
>
> And no 6.1 release yet. So, there are no updates at all for 6.0 since
> months (6.1 has been released by upstream in May).
>
> Johnny, are you happy with this situation ?

Define happy?

I know I am working as fast and as hard as I can to get you updates. So
is Karanbir and Tru.

If it is not fast enough, then you will need to do something else.

I can tell you that we are building 6.x stuff for QA now and have been
for several weeks.

If we release something that is broken, that is not going to help either.

This stuff does not magically appear, it takes much work.

If our time line does not work for anyone (this includes even me) ...
then they should pay for a faster option for that machine.

RHEL has no such delays.