[CentOS] data recovery

Fri Sep 23 20:43:41 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 09/23/11 1:32 PM, Paras pradhan wrote:
> You mean the newer windows will create the partition schema as we are
> seeing it now? And you think its the automatic partitioning by windows
> if somebody has the access to this?

i just noticed that 3rd partition is 1.1TB.  you had said...

> Suddenly my disk device's geometry has been changed to something that
> doesnot make any sense. Its a 1.8TB in size and had only one single
> partition. Now I can see 3 partitions sde1, sde2 and sde2 of sizes
> 130M, 140GB and 10GB.

even odder.  anyways, the reason I suggested a 'newer version' of
windows, is I believe starting with Windows Vista and Server 2008, the
windows installer creates a small hidden partition for the boot stuff.
The fact that the 2nd partition is tagged as NTFS is why we suggested
Windows at all.