[CentOS] Broadcom Failure: Chg CentOS 6.0 to 5.7

Sat Sep 24 13:26:04 UTC 2011
Michael D. Berger <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com>

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:25:09 +0000, Michael D. Berger wrote:

> After following various advice I received on other threads to get the
> Broadcom wlan0 on my laptop to work I have still not succeeded.
> Therefore I am changing from CentOS 6.0 to 5.7 . I think that I'll first
> try the fix at:
>    http://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod
> on 5.7 .
>
> Anyone have a reason why I should proceed differently?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

FWIW I changed to 5.7, and had the same problems with Broadcom,
which are detailed in previous threads, and I will not repeat.
I tried several fixes, also mentioned in previous threads, and
none worked.

I must say, however, that I much prefer KDE 3 to KDE 4, so
at least for now, I will stay with 5.7 .

Mike.