[CentOS] I can't connect to /dev/ttyS0

Sun Sep 25 23:48:56 UTC 2011
Michel Donais <donais at telupton.com>

> You first need to double-check that /dev/ttyS0 is actually
> the correct serial COM port you have the modem connected to.

> Please look under System->Hardware and then click the 16550A-compatible
> COM port in the LH pane.

> Then in the RH pane click on 'Advanced', and find the serial.device string
> or linux.device_file.

> This will be something like:
> linux.device_file  strlist /dev/ttySx where x == 0|1|2|3 serial.device
> strlist /dev/ttySx where x == 0|1|2|3

> Please can you share with us what the reason was for the
> problem, so others with similar problems can be enlighted,
> including myself?

Well it's a bit ennoying.
I've done all the given check list and got nearly no answer for a solution.
So I decided to open the box to see that the serial device connector was
partly unplug from the mother board; so it was the source of my problem.

 I put it back in palce and it was done.

---
Michel Donais