[CentOS] SSH in and my terminal keystrokes are weird.......

Mon Sep 26 01:42:42 UTC 2011
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 11:05 -0700, Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I upgraded to OS X 10.7 on my laptop and when I try to ssh into my
> servers and do edits it seems my backspace is now weird. When I
> backspace it skips all around, inserts what looks to be special
> characters, etc. If I save and go back in the file edited right, but
> due to all the inserted garbage and skipping around of the cursor I
> cant tell at that time if what I did worked.
>

> I dont recall this happening on Snow Leopard at all, but we did also
> upgrade to CentOS 6 and I honestly have no idea where this issue would
> be.
>

> Can anyone provide any thoughts?
----
The sentiments I expressed to my boss was that I wanted to replace the
Macintosh on my Desk with Linux - no dice he said.

Macintosh key bindings are just weird.

iTerm2 is a better solution (not perfect... just much better than
Terminal.app and fewer time spent in the penalty box for using Mac OS X.

Craig

believed to be clean.