[CentOS] SSH in and my terminal keystrokes are weird.......

Mon Sep 26 12:40:54 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

>> Depending on what you are doing, you might also like running freenx on
>> the server and using the NX client from www.nomachine.com to have a
>> full linux GUI desktop on the Mac - which works pretty well even if
>> you just open terminal windows in it.
> ----
> and I do that too but still Macintosh key bindings get in the way and
> I've had to go with a modified ~/.Xmodmap to approach my expectations.
>
> Also the screen dimensioning of the No Machine Macintosh client just
> seems not to work at all and I end up with a full screen connection
> despite any attempts at configuration which then requires an arbitrary
> resizing.

Mine seem to open at the previous session size (normally I am
re-connecting to a session originally started from a windows NX
client) but the mac version does permit resizing where windows only
snaps to the specified or available size and can't be changed without
reconnecting.  The only really odd thing I see is that sometimes the
mac window behavior (must click on title bar to focus, etc.) sticks
even when the session is picked up under windows again.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com