[CentOS] add on sata card relabeling drives, installation

Thu Sep 29 00:05:53 UTC 2011
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

Craig,

I think you misunderstand. It is just the lettering. The extra sata card
is not going to be booted from. The bios only sets the
boot order, not which drive letter linux is going to assign it.
it is the drive letters that just annoy me and was hoping for an easy
changeable fix. I was surprised anaconda installer
had no option to change them.

It is like installing windows on your f drive and having c and d as
storage drives...just rubs ya wrong.

It boots fine from sdc with or without card in it...it is centos
labeling based on how it looks at the hardware.
Apparently an add on sata card comes first in the order linux analyzes
the system.