[CentOS] add on sata card relabeling drives, installation

Thu Sep 29 20:36:28 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 07:47:15 PM Bob Hoffman wrote:
> I do not want my raid 1 mirror OS to be on sdc, sdd, and sde....it just
> looks weird.

It's related to PCI enumeration order, and may not be changeable.  You could try the add-on card in another slot.

However, if you think that's weird, I want you to note the portion of the output of mount below, and note the drive device my /boot is on (and yes, that is actually the real booting drive):

[root at www ~]# mount|grep boot
/dev/sdag1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)
[root at www ~]# cat /etc/issue
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)
Kernel \r on an \m

[root at www ~]#