[CentOS] gnumeric/goffice: defective RPM from rpmforge ???

Mon Apr 9 19:41:34 UTC 2012
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 09/04/12 18:42, ken wrote:
> "yum update" output:

> -->  Running transaction check
> -->  Processing Dependency: libgoffice-1.so.2 for package: gnumeric
> --->  Package goffice.i386 0:0.6.6-1.el5.rf set to be updated
> -->  Finished Dependency Resolution
> 1:gnumeric-1.6.3-15.el5.2.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
>     -->  Missing Dependency: libgoffice-1.so.2 is needed by package
> 1:gnumeric-1.6.3-15.el5.2.i386 (installed)
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgoffice-1.so.2 is needed by package
> 1:gnumeric-1.6.3-15.el5.2.i386 (installed)
>
> # rpm -qa| grep goffice
> goffice-0.2.2-1.el5
>
> # yum deplist gnumeric|grep goffice
>     dependency: libgoffice-1.so.2
>      provider: goffice.i386 0.2.2-1.el5

Firstly, if you think the defective package is goffice from rpmforge,
why are you reporting this on the CentOS list? You should tell the folks
at rpmforge, not this list.

Secondly, to me it looks more likely that gnumeric is the problem
package, and that doesn't appear to have come from rpmforge as it has no
.rf tag.

Where does rpm say the gnumeric package comes from:

rpm -qi gnumeric

as that may give you some clue as to where to take the issue.

Google seems to think it came from EPEL. If that's the case, go tell
them about it :-)

You should also read the CentOS Wiki page on repositories, especially
the advice about mixing certain 3rd party repositories:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

as that is what has likely caused this particular system breakage.