[CentOS] A request from the CentOS Project

Fri Apr 20 23:37:59 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Tilman Schmidt
<t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de> wrote:
> On 04/20/2012 05:19 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> You mean when the internet consisted of defense contractors and the
>>> universities in that business?  I prefer 'open to the public', even
>>> with the baggage it brings.
>
> Nope, I mean the early nineties, when the Internet was still young and
> largely spam free, but definitely not limited to U.S. defense anymore,
> the web was just one of those novel ideas, and my boss asked me why on
> earth we should request a public IP address block when UUCP worked just
> as well for E-mail. (He didn't know about Usenet, thankfully, otherwise
> he'd probably have prohibited it.)

Yeah, I remember those days too.  I was the original technical contact
for fb.com when you could still get 2 letter domain names practically
for the asking.   I understand that name was sold to facebook a while
back for a very large sum of money.  Times change...

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com