[CentOS] Does SMTP Connection Drop When Posfix Reload is Issued ?

Wed Apr 25 11:57:32 UTC 2012
Prabhpal S. Mavi <prabhpal at digital-infotech.net>

Dear Adam Tauno Williams

thanks for your response, i am not sure what did you advice. could you
please explain nit more if there is any other way to do it. as sounds in
your mail.

Thanks

> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 11:42 +0000, Prabhpal S. Mavi wrote:
>> i think i must tell little background as well. it is actually php script
>> that perform blacklist check every minute through cron. if it found that
>> IP is blacklisted. It will then insert "relay host =" value in main.cf
>> and
>> reload postfix service. When IP is no more blacklisted it will then
>> remove
>> the same directive from main.cf and reload postfix.
>
> Why not propely 'out-source' this to a Postfix map rather than modifying
> main.cf.  Dynamic modification of main.cf is *seriously* brain-damaged
> in my opinion.  Point a map at an LDAP DSA or an RDBMS database and have
> the application update *that*.  Then Postfix checks the map.  Nobody
> needs to get constantly hup'd and you aren't touching configuation files
> that *should not be writable* anyway.
>
>> everything is working as expected. i have one question, when we reload
>> postfix does it drop active SMTP session?

Thanks / Regards
Prabhpal S. Mavi