[CentOS] selinux on/off percentage

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Mon Apr 2 00:58:23 UTC 2012

On 4/1/2012 8:24 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 03/31/2012 11:31 PM, Min Wang wrote:
>> hi
>>
>>       Just wondering if there is any statiscs report of selinxu usages in
>> production environment? I know some still turn it off.
>>

>> thanks.
>>
>> min
>>
> I don't know about any general statistics, but I do know that I have it
> turned off on my desktop/file server/print server/samba server.

I tried to play with it a few time with centos 5 and 6 for my webservers
and such, but I ended up disabling it since I did not want it to freak
out and cause a fail in a production server.
Not very good with it, but it seemed with a webserver that it needed to
allow apache and php to have a lot of access...so it did not seem to be
worth the chance of a production server going down over some stupid file
I changed or uploaded.